19 Sep Top 7 Limiting Beliefs Around Money……Which One Is Yours?
Your mindset towards money is an incredible determining factor when it comes to your financial success.
Beliefs become thoughts, which become actions and these actions often reinforce our limiting beliefs. For example, if you have a belief that you are not smart enough to be financially successful you could execute your plans with gusto, hit a roadblock, doubt your abilities and give up. If you believe that it’s selfish to want lots of money you may undercharge your services or give them away for free.
Here are 7 very common limiting beliefs:
- Money is the root of all evil
- It’s selfish to want a lot of money
- I’m just not good with money
- You have to work too hard to get wealthy
- My family has never been rich
- Money is there to be spent
- It’s more important to be healthy than rich
Do any of these limiting money beliefs resonate with you? Are they holding you back from experiencing the life you desire?
When I work with my clients we identify limiting beliefs and challenge them. Are they true? If yes, how can you prove it? Quite often they cannot be proved as being true, or in some cases false….they are just beliefs.
The next step we take is to design strategies and implement a financial action plan that encompasses wealth creating activities and behaviors.
- Setting up a budget planner and understanding how to budget – therefore learning HOW to be good with money
- Learning how to manage your finances so there is enough to cover living expenses, pay down debt, create savings and have some to spend guilt free – this ensures that money is being spent WISELY
- Discovering different ways to cut costs to redirect to wealth investment – providing an opportunity to CREATE your own riches regardless of your family’s history.
An empowering consequence of being the master of your money is that you soon realize it’s not necessarily hard work that makes you rich, but instead, the way you budget and how to manage your money.
The combination of mindset and action is critical for change in all areas of our lives, and this is especially evident when it comes to our financial reality. Making the decision you are going to reset those limiting beliefs that are holding you back and then taking action to manage your money will create amazing results. Surely you can be rich AND happy!
If this has struck a cord then please get in touch. I’d love to see if I can help you get back on track.